Former CEO, Bank of America, Canada Bank
Inspiring Leader and Business Builder
An experienced C.E.O and Director with a proven track record of creating profit and shareholder value by maximizing resources, strong P&L management, streamlining processes and budgets while building organizational capacity. With over 20 years in financial services Rubina has managed multi-billion dollar portfolios, repositioned businesses onto sustainable growth trajectories and guided complex regulatory relationships at premier global financial institutions. Acknowledged for developing and championing market-focused business transformation strategies based on in-depth customer and financial analysis.Fluent in English & French.
SKILLS & Expertise
Governance and Risk
- Seasoned Director advising on governance, enterprise risk management, compensation, board structure and evaluations
- Significant experience in managing credit risk, systemic risk, underwriting and lending.
- Deep knowledge in risk portfolio analytics
Regulatory compliance and Government Relations
- Deep technical expertise in Dodd Frank, FACTA, Basel 111, ICAAP, AML and CDIC.
- Created value through complying with regulations and managing relationships with CDN ad US regulators and government officials
- Consumer & Commercial financial services
- Information Technology
- Transaction- based businesses
- Strong P&L management and oversight
- Transformed strategy, product suite and talent resulting in a tripling of their profits of the multi-billion dollar portfolio.
- Led M&A activity across financial institutions, Fin Tech, Oil & Gas and retail industries.
- Recognized for doubling asset base, increasing net income by 30%, divesture of large lending assets and expanding market share.
Operational Excellence and Leadership
- Spearheaded risk-based technology large-scale initiatives resulting in operational efficiency and strengthened profitability.
- Led retail banking products, lending, white label banking platform, data analytics, sales, product and marketing business lines for global financial institutions.
- Acknowledged expert in transaction-based businesses across banking, processors and technology solution environments.
Bank of America, BofA Canada 2012-2013
Havlin Consulting Group 2010-2012
Partner, Financial Services
Managing Director, Head of credit cards
National Bank of Canada 1999-2006
Vice-President, Payments & White label Bank
Board Member, Province of Ontario, Ontario Medal of Good Citizenship, 2010 – Present
CEO and Director, Bank of America, BofA Canada Bank 2012 – 2013
Board Member, ViSA Canada 2007 – 2010
Vice-Chair, Canadian CHIP Council 2003 – 2006
Board Member, MasterCard Canada 1999- 2006
Board Member, Interac Association 1999– 2006
Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), John Molson School of Business, Concordia University
Queens Executive Development Program
Institute for Corporate Directors, ICD.D